The New York Chapter of the AAP was established in 1949 as an endorsed Chapter Affiliate of the national organization. The AAP is a national organization composed of over 55,000 pediatricians. There are approximately 1,200 members in New York Chapter 2.
New York Chapter 2 is a non-profit organization with the following objectives:
- To improve the health and welfare of all infants, children, adolescents and young adults in the State of New York.
- To unite qualified pediatricians of lower New York State into a representative organization for the advancement of the practice of pediatrics.
- To study the scientific, educational, social, economic, and legislative aspects of medicine in order to maintain the highest standards of practice in pediatrics, and to prepare and recommend necessary changes in existing or contemplated medical programs.
- To further the policies and the objectives of the American Academy of Pediatrics at the state and local level.
- To promote excellence in pediatric care by organizing programs of post-graduate education.
Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases Webinars – now through October, 2015
Information on Alternative Communication for Children with Delays
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for Primary Care
Integrating the Relationship Between Pediatric Primary Care and Child Psychiatry
Perinatal Mood Disorders Task Force Resource Manual
North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center
Nassau County Perinatal Services Network
Postpartum Resource Center of New York
with funding by the Hagedorn Foundation
Insurance Grievance Form for complaints for HMO’s